Seaside has been a tourist destination since the early 1900's. The main strip was built to accommodate restaurants, boutiques, galleries and campy amusements like ski ball, bumper cars and go karts. The Necanicum river runs alongside the ocean and is perfect for kayaking or paddle boating. One of the best things that we loved right away about this property is that everything is so close by. When you are in Seaside you don't really need to drive. You can park and walk almost everywhere. This post is designed to guide you on the many things you can enjoy while visiting the Starry Night.
The Starry Night is tucked away in the heart of Seaside. Broadway Street is the main drag just three blocks from the Inn. Everything you may need can be found en route to or on Broadway street. We have put a list of places that we have found to be awesome. We have not been able to check out all the restaurants yet, but these are our top picks so far.
Places to eat and drink:
- Dundee's Bar & Grill - Some of the best late night food in town. Trigger alert: it is a sports bar but the food is great! - a 5-minute walk
- Firehouse Grill - Open 8-3 this is a great brunch spot - a 4-minute walk
- Osprey Cafe - Another great breakfast spot - a 26-minute walk (you may want to drive)
- The Stand - Delicious, affordable Mexican food - it is recommended you get takeout, the ambiance is not as great as the food and they are only open from 11-5 M-F so hustle in there - a 1-minute walk
- Phannie Phatts - Hawaiian food located across the street! Call for takeout and walk across the street to pick it up
- Nonni's Italian Bistro - great Italian food - try the amaretto margarita (YUM) - a 4-minute walk
- Finns Fish house. Breakfast/lunch/dinner classic seafood, steaks and pasta 5-min walk
- Dough Dough Bakery serves decadent deserts, tapas, coffee, beer and wine. Modern decor. 3-min walk
- Maggies on the Prom - Garden setting, Delicious Northwest cuisine & views of the ocean. 8min walk
- Seaside Brewing Company- Hub of Seaside. Great beer with Northwest vibe 4-min walk
- The Bridge Tender- Local haunt. Open late. river views. 5-min walk
- The Whet Spot- Beer tasting room. Huge selection of beer to go or hang out and try their taps. Snacks. 3-min walk