Seaside has been a tourist destination since the early 1900's. The main strip was built to accommodate restaurants, boutiques, galleries and campy amusements like ski ball, bumper cars and go karts. The Necanicum river runs alongside the ocean and is perfect for kayaking or paddle boating. One of the best things that we loved right away about this property is that everything is so close by. When you are in Seaside you don't really need to drive. You can park and walk almost everywhere. This post is designed to guide you on the many things you can enjoy while visiting the Starry Night.
The Starry Night is tucked away in the heart of Seaside. Broadway Street is the main drag just three blocks from the Inn. Everything you may need can be found en route to or on Broadway street. We have put a list of places that we have found to be awesome. We have not been able to check out all the restaurants yet, but these are our top picks so far.
Places to eat and drink:
- Dundee's Bar & Grill - Some of the best late night food in town. Trigger alert: it is a sports bar but the food is great! - a 5-minute walk
- Firehouse Grill - Open 8-3 this is a great brunch spot - a 4-minute walk
- Osprey Cafe - Another great breakfast spot - a 26-minute walk (you may want to drive)
- The Stand - Delicious, affordable Mexican food - it is recommended you get takeout, the ambiance is not as great as the food and they are only open from 11-5 M-F so hustle in there - a 1-minute walk
- Phannie Phatts - Hawaiian food located across the street! Call for takeout and walk across the street to pick it up
- Nonni's Italian Bistro - great Italian food - try the amaretto margarita (YUM) - a 4-minute walk
- Finns Fish house. Breakfast/lunch/dinner classic seafood, steaks and pasta 5-min walk
- Dough Dough Bakery serves decadent deserts, tapas, coffee, beer and wine. Modern decor. 3-min walk
- Maggies on the Prom - Garden setting, Delicious Northwest cuisine & views of the ocean. 8min walk
- Seaside Brewing Company- Hub of Seaside. Great beer with Northwest vibe 4-min walk
- The Bridge Tender- Local haunt. Open late. river views. 5-min walk
- The Whet Spot- Beer tasting room. Huge selection of beer to go or hang out and try their taps. Snacks. 3-min walk
- Seaside Aquarium - a 9-minute walk from the motel
- Wheel Fun Rentals - mopeds, classic bikes and more to rent - a 3-minute walk
- Seaside Inverted Experience - fun, quirky photo shoots - an 8-minute walk
- Seaside Prom and Turnaround - a paved 1.5 mile walkway that is along the coastline - a 10-minute walk
- Funland - an arcade that is just blocks away from the motel - a 7-minute walk
- Carousel- bumper cars- go karts- miniature golf. 5-min walk
- Seaside empire park and recreation...swimming pool, basketball courts, Skate 'n ride park, classes 10-min walk
- Clatsop paddle co. Paddle boat rentals on the Necanicum river. 5-min walk
- Crabbing on the bridge, clamming on the beach. 5-min walk
- Paragliding, Helicopter rides, biplane rides and 1 mile zipline rides....varied locations
- cleanline surf shop. classes offered 2-min walk
- We have art available for purchase at the motel! With artist's bios in the entryway of the Victorian
- Seaside Museum - the Seaside Historical Society Museum - a 7-minute walk
- Fairweather House and Gallery - art, jewelry, and home furnishings - a 3-minute walk
- Sunrose Art Gallery - interesting affordable treasures - a 3-minute walk
- Blue Bond Art Gallery - learn to paint - a 2-minute walk
- Nine Lives Tattoo - get a tatt - a block from the inn - a 1-minute walk
- Seaside is known for all of its murals. Right outside of the inn is a mural of whales which looks similar to a Wyland Whaling Wall, but it was made by another artist. On Broadway and Holladay Drive you can see a 60 ft mural that is dedicated to the Nehalem Tribe Natives. There is a vintage postcard mural on Broadway and Columbia - this one makes a great photo op! How about a mosaic tile mural? Check out the Salmon tile mosaic mural at Goodman Park on 12th Avenue and Necanicum Drive.
- Epic veiws Hike the Mill Ponds trail, the Tillamook head trail or Saddle Mountain hike... in order of difficulty, for inspiration!!!
Enjoy the stroll and stop off at our favorite coffee shop!